Hoxton salon wins east London hair and beauty award
- Credit: AvidaStudios
Hoxton market’s Studio Phase Hair and Beauty Salon was named best Hair and Beauty Salon of the Year in East London last month.
Head stylist Vee has owned and managed the specialist hair and beauty salon for more than 10 years.
As a little girl growing up in Kingston, Jamaica, she always had a passion for hairstyling and dreamed of one day owning her own salon.
She told the Gazette: "I used to sit underneath my mango tree doing my friends' hair. In class, the teachers would be upset with me as every opportunity I got I was accomplishing my vision of hairdressing."
She was surprised to win. "We don't even know who nominated us, I got a phone call that we were a finalist which I thought was a prank but when it was announced we'd won, we were honestly shocked," Vee said.
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of hair and beauty professionals gathered at the London hair and beauty awards on October 27.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'