Hoxton soup kitchen to give away 100,000 tea bags
- Credit: Polly Hancock
A Hoxton soup kitchen is giving away 100,000 tea bags to help raise awareness and funds to keep it running.
The tea bag give-away is taking place outside Humdingers soup kitchen at 236 Hoxton Street, from about 7am to 7.30pm.
A spokesperson from the soup Kitchen told the Gazette: "[The soup kitchen] is amazing but its quite eye-opening to realise how many people need the support."
The initiative was set up by chef Robert Hunningher during the pandemic.
The father-of-two has used the profits from his catering company and Humdingers bakery and pizzeria to keep the service running and it now feeds about 1000 people a week.
Homemade soup and freshly baked bread is served at the soup kitchen from 5-7pm, every weekday except Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
The kitchen has plans to expand its service by moving to a site in Hornsey.
To support the expansion visit www.gofundme.com/f/humdingers-soup-kitchen-expansion
Learn more at www.humdingers.org.uk/soup-kitchen
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow