Hoxton Street Market holds knees-up to celebrate expansion
- Credit: Archant
Hoxton Street market will be throwing a party to welcome traders tomorrow.
The knees-up in Hoxton Street will feature cake decorating, pie-eating and ale-swigging competitions and human fruit machines.
The weekly historic market, which has been around since 1687, was relaunched on May 18.
Previously it sold a variety of things including food, fashion, footwear, household goods and toiletries, but has been revamped to include a “greater mix of food, craft and fashion”.
The party will feature diverse food on sale - with custard cream doughnuts from Hoxton Street Bakery, burgers from Burger Bear, Beijing street food from Mei Mei’s Street Cart.
You may also want to watch:
There will be entertainment from electronic musician Derrick May and DJ and fundraising for producer JAmes Zabiela to help raise money for children’s hospice The Richard House Charity.
The party will begin at 1pm and run until 3pm.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service