Hoxton Street Market holds knees-up to celebrate expansion
- Credit: Archant
Hoxton Street market will be throwing a party to welcome traders tomorrow.
The knees-up in Hoxton Street will feature cake decorating, pie-eating and ale-swigging competitions and human fruit machines.
The weekly historic market, which has been around since 1687, was relaunched on May 18.
Previously it sold a variety of things including food, fashion, footwear, household goods and toiletries, but has been revamped to include a “greater mix of food, craft and fashion”.
The party will feature diverse food on sale - with custard cream doughnuts from Hoxton Street Bakery, burgers from Burger Bear, Beijing street food from Mei Mei’s Street Cart.
There will be entertainment from electronic musician Derrick May and DJ and fundraising for producer JAmes Zabiela to help raise money for children’s hospice The Richard House Charity.
The party will begin at 1pm and run until 3pm.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 4 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 5 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 6 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 7 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 8 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 9 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 10 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched