Hoxton Street Market holds knees-up to celebrate expansion
- Credit: Archant
Hoxton Street market will be throwing a party to welcome traders tomorrow.
The knees-up in Hoxton Street will feature cake decorating, pie-eating and ale-swigging competitions and human fruit machines.
The weekly historic market, which has been around since 1687, was relaunched on May 18.
Previously it sold a variety of things including food, fashion, footwear, household goods and toiletries, but has been revamped to include a “greater mix of food, craft and fashion”.
The party will feature diverse food on sale - with custard cream doughnuts from Hoxton Street Bakery, burgers from Burger Bear, Beijing street food from Mei Mei’s Street Cart.
You may also want to watch:
There will be entertainment from electronic musician Derrick May and DJ and fundraising for producer JAmes Zabiela to help raise money for children’s hospice The Richard House Charity.
The party will begin at 1pm and run until 3pm.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets