Hoxton Street Market holds knees-up to celebrate expansion
- Credit: Archant
Hoxton Street market will be throwing a party to welcome traders tomorrow.
The knees-up in Hoxton Street will feature cake decorating, pie-eating and ale-swigging competitions and human fruit machines.
The weekly historic market, which has been around since 1687, was relaunched on May 18.
Previously it sold a variety of things including food, fashion, footwear, household goods and toiletries, but has been revamped to include a “greater mix of food, craft and fashion”.
The party will feature diverse food on sale - with custard cream doughnuts from Hoxton Street Bakery, burgers from Burger Bear, Beijing street food from Mei Mei’s Street Cart.
You may also want to watch:
There will be entertainment from electronic musician Derrick May and DJ and fundraising for producer JAmes Zabiela to help raise money for children’s hospice The Richard House Charity.
The party will begin at 1pm and run until 3pm.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 6 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 7 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 8 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 9 Hackney people called on to help 'stamp out' violence against women and girls
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild