Hugo Lloris has last laugh over Tottenham Hotspur team-mates
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Harry Kane scored twice for England, but Les Bleus claimed a 3-2 victory
Hugo Lloris got the better of his Tottenham Hotspur team-mates on Tuesday night, as France beat England following an exciting five-goal thriller.
The two countries did battle at the Stade de France and despite Harry Kane scoring twice, Les Bleus claimed a 3-2 victory.
England captain Kane scored after nine minutes and just three minutes into the second half, but goals from Samuel Umtiti, Djibril Sidibe and Ousmane Dembele gave the hosts a deserved win.
Kieran Tripper made his debut and played 76 minutes, while Eric Dier, Dele Alli and Kane played the whole match.
Kyle Walker was introduced off the bench at half time, but Lloris had the last laugh, as his country won, though Moussa Sissoko remained an unused substitute.
There was double bad news for Heung-min Son, though, as South Korea lost 3-2 to Qatar in a World Cup qualifier on Tuesday and the Spurs striker is understood to have suffered a fractured forearm.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 4 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 6 Dumpling Shack announces plans for Hackney restaurant
- 7 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 8 Covid patient numbers remain steady at Homerton Hospital
- 9 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 10 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route