Hugo Lloris has last laugh over Tottenham Hotspur team-mates
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Harry Kane scored twice for England, but Les Bleus claimed a 3-2 victory
Hugo Lloris got the better of his Tottenham Hotspur team-mates on Tuesday night, as France beat England following an exciting five-goal thriller.
The two countries did battle at the Stade de France and despite Harry Kane scoring twice, Les Bleus claimed a 3-2 victory.
England captain Kane scored after nine minutes and just three minutes into the second half, but goals from Samuel Umtiti, Djibril Sidibe and Ousmane Dembele gave the hosts a deserved win.
Kieran Tripper made his debut and played 76 minutes, while Eric Dier, Dele Alli and Kane played the whole match.
You may also want to watch:
Kyle Walker was introduced off the bench at half time, but Lloris had the last laugh, as his country won, though Moussa Sissoko remained an unused substitute.
There was double bad news for Heung-min Son, though, as South Korea lost 3-2 to Qatar in a World Cup qualifier on Tuesday and the Spurs striker is understood to have suffered a fractured forearm.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 6 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space