Hugo Lloris has last laugh over Tottenham Hotspur team-mates
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Harry Kane scored twice for England, but Les Bleus claimed a 3-2 victory
Hugo Lloris got the better of his Tottenham Hotspur team-mates on Tuesday night, as France beat England following an exciting five-goal thriller.
The two countries did battle at the Stade de France and despite Harry Kane scoring twice, Les Bleus claimed a 3-2 victory.
England captain Kane scored after nine minutes and just three minutes into the second half, but goals from Samuel Umtiti, Djibril Sidibe and Ousmane Dembele gave the hosts a deserved win.
Kieran Tripper made his debut and played 76 minutes, while Eric Dier, Dele Alli and Kane played the whole match.
You may also want to watch:
Kyle Walker was introduced off the bench at half time, but Lloris had the last laugh, as his country won, though Moussa Sissoko remained an unused substitute.
There was double bad news for Heung-min Son, though, as South Korea lost 3-2 to Qatar in a World Cup qualifier on Tuesday and the Spurs striker is understood to have suffered a fractured forearm.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant