Nominate unsung heroes for the council’s I Love Hackney Mayor’s Civic Awards
- Credit: Gary Manhine
Nominations are open for this year’s I Love Hackney Mayor’s Civic Awards.
Hackney Council wants to hear about anyone who may have overcome an extraordinary difficulty, a fabulous teacher or carer, anyone who has shown immense courage or perhaps tireless fundraisers or volunteers.
Mayor of Hackney, Philip Glanville said: "Hackney is a brilliant and inviting place thanks to the hard work of those who go the extra mile for their communities.
"Previous winners and nominees have been incredibly inspiring and have given us a chance to give proper recognition to some of those unsung heroes working in our communities."
Nominees for the civic awards can be of any age and from any background, however nominations for young people under 18 must have their parent or guardian's permission.
You may also want to watch:
Submit nominations at bit.ly/3colT6t.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 6 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 7 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 8 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 9 Hackney people called on to help 'stamp out' violence against women and girls
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild