Nominate unsung heroes for the council’s I Love Hackney Mayor’s Civic Awards
- Credit: Gary Manhine
Nominations are open for this year’s I Love Hackney Mayor’s Civic Awards.
Hackney Council wants to hear about anyone who may have overcome an extraordinary difficulty, a fabulous teacher or carer, anyone who has shown immense courage or perhaps tireless fundraisers or volunteers.
Mayor of Hackney, Philip Glanville said: "Hackney is a brilliant and inviting place thanks to the hard work of those who go the extra mile for their communities.
"Previous winners and nominees have been incredibly inspiring and have given us a chance to give proper recognition to some of those unsung heroes working in our communities."
Nominees for the civic awards can be of any age and from any background, however nominations for young people under 18 must have their parent or guardian's permission.
You may also want to watch:
Submit nominations at bit.ly/3colT6t.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction