Nominate unsung heroes for the council’s I Love Hackney Mayor’s Civic Awards
- Credit: Gary Manhine
Nominations are open for this year’s I Love Hackney Mayor’s Civic Awards.
Hackney Council wants to hear about anyone who may have overcome an extraordinary difficulty, a fabulous teacher or carer, anyone who has shown immense courage or perhaps tireless fundraisers or volunteers.
Mayor of Hackney, Philip Glanville said: "Hackney is a brilliant and inviting place thanks to the hard work of those who go the extra mile for their communities.
"Previous winners and nominees have been incredibly inspiring and have given us a chance to give proper recognition to some of those unsung heroes working in our communities."
Nominees for the civic awards can be of any age and from any background, however nominations for young people under 18 must have their parent or guardian's permission.
You may also want to watch:
Submit nominations at bit.ly/3colT6t.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12