Ian Sinclair and Andrew K�tting swan into Hackney on pedalo
The pair have been joined by comedian Stewart Lee, comic book creator Alan Moore, actor Dudley Sutton and artist Dinos Chapman on their travels.
A university lecturer is flying into the borough for a new feature film – on board a plastic swan-shaped pedalo.
Professor Andrew K�tting, of the University for the Creative Arts (UCA), has been pedalling for up to 15 hours a day as he sails 200 miles from Hastings to Hackney.
The artist and filmmaker is shooting a documentary with Hackney author Ian Sinclair. Swandown charts his month-long voyage from the English Channel along inland waterways to the Olympic Park in Hackney Wick.
During filming, he has been joined by comedian Stewart Lee, comic book creator Alan Moore, actor Dudley Sutton and artist Dinos Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to arrive in Hackney tomorrow (Friday 14).
“The public’s enthusiasm and support really sustains and invigorates you when you’re suffering from exhaustion, and as you’ll find out in the film, the characters we meet are a major part of the plot,” he said.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
To find out more about Swandown go to www.swandown.info.