Ian Sinclair and Andrew K�tting swan into Hackney on pedalo
The pair have been joined by comedian Stewart Lee, comic book creator Alan Moore, actor Dudley Sutton and artist Dinos Chapman on their travels.
A university lecturer is flying into the borough for a new feature film – on board a plastic swan-shaped pedalo.
Professor Andrew K�tting, of the University for the Creative Arts (UCA), has been pedalling for up to 15 hours a day as he sails 200 miles from Hastings to Hackney.
The artist and filmmaker is shooting a documentary with Hackney author Ian Sinclair. Swandown charts his month-long voyage from the English Channel along inland waterways to the Olympic Park in Hackney Wick.
During filming, he has been joined by comedian Stewart Lee, comic book creator Alan Moore, actor Dudley Sutton and artist Dinos Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to arrive in Hackney tomorrow (Friday 14).
“The public’s enthusiasm and support really sustains and invigorates you when you’re suffering from exhaustion, and as you’ll find out in the film, the characters we meet are a major part of the plot,” he said.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
To find out more about Swandown go to www.swandown.info.