Idris Elba brings iconic club night home for first time
- Credit: Archant
DJ and actor Idris Elba is returning to his east London hometown to host a version of his iconic 7 Wallace club night on Saturday.
Featuring special guests Boogie and Shax, and a secret guest announced on the night, Idris is set to take over the upstairs of Hackney hangout Oslo, in Amhurst Road.
Past 7 Wallace guests include Pete Tong, Seth Troxler, Mark Ronson, The Heartless Crew and Felix Da Housecat,
Named after his old street address, this is the first time the star – who has been spinning records since he was 14 years old – has brought the 7 Wallace party home.
Now an international soiree running across London and Ibiza, 7 Wallace combines world-class selectors and residents spanning house and garage to hip-hop and funk.
DJing internationally and with sets at Glastonbury and Goodwood Festival this year, Idris’s history stretches from running pirate radio stations in the 90s, co-producing with hip-hop maestro Jay Z and current working with grime artist Skepta.
- 1 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 2 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 3 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 4 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 5 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 6 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 7 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 8 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 9 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
For a chance to win two tickets, see p7 of What’s On in this week’s Gazette.