Idris Elba brings iconic club night home for first time
- Credit: Archant
DJ and actor Idris Elba is returning to his east London hometown to host a version of his iconic 7 Wallace club night on Saturday.
Featuring special guests Boogie and Shax, and a secret guest announced on the night, Idris is set to take over the upstairs of Hackney hangout Oslo, in Amhurst Road.
Past 7 Wallace guests include Pete Tong, Seth Troxler, Mark Ronson, The Heartless Crew and Felix Da Housecat,
Named after his old street address, this is the first time the star – who has been spinning records since he was 14 years old – has brought the 7 Wallace party home.
Now an international soiree running across London and Ibiza, 7 Wallace combines world-class selectors and residents spanning house and garage to hip-hop and funk.
DJing internationally and with sets at Glastonbury and Goodwood Festival this year, Idris’s history stretches from running pirate radio stations in the 90s, co-producing with hip-hop maestro Jay Z and current working with grime artist Skepta.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 4 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 5 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 6 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 7 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 8 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
For a chance to win two tickets, see p7 of What’s On in this week’s Gazette.