Idris Elba brings iconic club night home for first time
- Credit: Archant
DJ and actor Idris Elba is returning to his east London hometown to host a version of his iconic 7 Wallace club night on Saturday.
Featuring special guests Boogie and Shax, and a secret guest announced on the night, Idris is set to take over the upstairs of Hackney hangout Oslo, in Amhurst Road.
Past 7 Wallace guests include Pete Tong, Seth Troxler, Mark Ronson, The Heartless Crew and Felix Da Housecat,
Named after his old street address, this is the first time the star – who has been spinning records since he was 14 years old – has brought the 7 Wallace party home.
Now an international soiree running across London and Ibiza, 7 Wallace combines world-class selectors and residents spanning house and garage to hip-hop and funk.
You may also want to watch:
DJing internationally and with sets at Glastonbury and Goodwood Festival this year, Idris’s history stretches from running pirate radio stations in the 90s, co-producing with hip-hop maestro Jay Z and current working with grime artist Skepta.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
For a chance to win two tickets, see p7 of What’s On in this week’s Gazette.