Idris Elba brings iconic club night home for first time
- Credit: Archant
DJ and actor Idris Elba is returning to his east London hometown to host a version of his iconic 7 Wallace club night on Saturday.
Featuring special guests Boogie and Shax, and a secret guest announced on the night, Idris is set to take over the upstairs of Hackney hangout Oslo, in Amhurst Road.
Past 7 Wallace guests include Pete Tong, Seth Troxler, Mark Ronson, The Heartless Crew and Felix Da Housecat,
Named after his old street address, this is the first time the star – who has been spinning records since he was 14 years old – has brought the 7 Wallace party home.
Now an international soiree running across London and Ibiza, 7 Wallace combines world-class selectors and residents spanning house and garage to hip-hop and funk.
You may also want to watch:
DJing internationally and with sets at Glastonbury and Goodwood Festival this year, Idris’s history stretches from running pirate radio stations in the 90s, co-producing with hip-hop maestro Jay Z and current working with grime artist Skepta.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
For a chance to win two tickets, see p7 of What’s On in this week’s Gazette.