In pictures: Festive cheer at Chatsworth Road Christmas festival
- Credit: Isabel Infantes
Santa was a “massive hit with the kids” when he paid a visit to the Chatsworth Road Winter Festival last Sunday.
The independent high street in Lower Clapton was being closed off to traffic to make way for the usual, award-winning Sunday Market, along with an entertainment stage with live music, a dog show, a bar by Brew By Numbers, free dog microchipping, and free bike marking from the Met Police.
Joint organiser Damian Patchell said: “The Winter Festival was a fantastic success, it was great to see familiar faces and new at the market and in the shops.
“The bouncy castle and Santa were of course a massive hit with the kids and the live music stage went down a treat.
“It was the first time we have partnered with Brew by Numbers and their chocolate and orange stout was a real Christmasy delight.”
You may also want to watch:
The market will also run on Sunday December 20, and selected shops will hole late night openings on Thursday December 17, including Brahms and Liszt, Pack and Clowder and Cooper and Wolf.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space