In pictures: Festive cheer at Chatsworth Road Christmas festival
- Credit: Isabel Infantes
Santa was a “massive hit with the kids” when he paid a visit to the Chatsworth Road Winter Festival last Sunday.
The independent high street in Lower Clapton was being closed off to traffic to make way for the usual, award-winning Sunday Market, along with an entertainment stage with live music, a dog show, a bar by Brew By Numbers, free dog microchipping, and free bike marking from the Met Police.
Joint organiser Damian Patchell said: “The Winter Festival was a fantastic success, it was great to see familiar faces and new at the market and in the shops.
“The bouncy castle and Santa were of course a massive hit with the kids and the live music stage went down a treat.
“It was the first time we have partnered with Brew by Numbers and their chocolate and orange stout was a real Christmasy delight.”
You may also want to watch:
The market will also run on Sunday December 20, and selected shops will hole late night openings on Thursday December 17, including Brahms and Liszt, Pack and Clowder and Cooper and Wolf.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea