In pictures: Festive cheer at Chatsworth Road Christmas festival
- Credit: Isabel Infantes
Santa was a “massive hit with the kids” when he paid a visit to the Chatsworth Road Winter Festival last Sunday.
The independent high street in Lower Clapton was being closed off to traffic to make way for the usual, award-winning Sunday Market, along with an entertainment stage with live music, a dog show, a bar by Brew By Numbers, free dog microchipping, and free bike marking from the Met Police.
Joint organiser Damian Patchell said: “The Winter Festival was a fantastic success, it was great to see familiar faces and new at the market and in the shops.
“The bouncy castle and Santa were of course a massive hit with the kids and the live music stage went down a treat.
“It was the first time we have partnered with Brew by Numbers and their chocolate and orange stout was a real Christmasy delight.”
You may also want to watch:
The market will also run on Sunday December 20, and selected shops will hole late night openings on Thursday December 17, including Brahms and Liszt, Pack and Clowder and Cooper and Wolf.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers