In pictures: Hackney Empire show celebrates 15 years of the Anna Fiorentini Theatre and Film School
- Credit: Archant
Young performers danced and sung their hearts out at a gala performance in the Hackney Empire to celebrate 15 years since the Anna Fiorentini Theatre and Film School was founded.
More than 180 students aged seven to 18 performed numbers from West End productions including Bugsy Malone, Grease, the Nutcracker and the Sound of Music, as well as pop tunes like Sia’s Chandelier.
Winner of the BBC talent show The Voice and former pupil, Jermain Jackman, led an alumni number Heaven Help Us All.
And Anna Fiorentini made an appearance herself, with the Stage and the City and Flashmob Dance troupes, set up for adult performers.
She said: “Once again I’m immensely proud of my students and team. They showed such professionalism on Saturday night they deserved the standing ovation that they received.”
Amongst the 1,100 audience members were casting directors and film and TV producers, as well as the newly elected Mayor of Hackney Philip Glanville and MP Meg Hillier.
Many of the student performers are already working professionally in the industry including Jaden Oshenye who is starring as Fletcher in the West End’s The Body Guard and Orla Hill who plays Susan in the feature film Swallows and Amazons released this summer.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 5 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
The show launched the 15th Anniversary Campaign for the school to try and raise £30,000 by Christmas so that it can continue to provide free and subsidised places for pupils who need them.
To donat click this link.