In pictures: Hackney Empire show celebrates 15 years of the Anna Fiorentini Theatre and Film School
- Credit: Archant
Young performers danced and sung their hearts out at a gala performance in the Hackney Empire to celebrate 15 years since the Anna Fiorentini Theatre and Film School was founded.
More than 180 students aged seven to 18 performed numbers from West End productions including Bugsy Malone, Grease, the Nutcracker and the Sound of Music, as well as pop tunes like Sia’s Chandelier.
Winner of the BBC talent show The Voice and former pupil, Jermain Jackman, led an alumni number Heaven Help Us All.
And Anna Fiorentini made an appearance herself, with the Stage and the City and Flashmob Dance troupes, set up for adult performers.
She said: “Once again I’m immensely proud of my students and team. They showed such professionalism on Saturday night they deserved the standing ovation that they received.”
You may also want to watch:
Amongst the 1,100 audience members were casting directors and film and TV producers, as well as the newly elected Mayor of Hackney Philip Glanville and MP Meg Hillier.
Many of the student performers are already working professionally in the industry including Jaden Oshenye who is starring as Fletcher in the West End’s The Body Guard and Orla Hill who plays Susan in the feature film Swallows and Amazons released this summer.
- 1 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 2 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 3 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 8 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 9 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze
- 10 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
The show launched the 15th Anniversary Campaign for the school to try and raise £30,000 by Christmas so that it can continue to provide free and subsidised places for pupils who need them.
To donat click this link.