In pictures: Speaker of Hackney’s fancy dress party
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters donned their favourite fancy dress costumes to join the Speaker of Hackney’s fancy dress party.
Snow White, Superman, Darth Vader and Hans Solo were amongst the characters seen at the party in the Town Hall in Mare Street last Friday where they sung karaoke and played giant Jenga and Connect Four.
Hackney’s Speaker, Cllr Etti, organised the party so she can “meet as many people of all ages” while she is Speaker – an honorary year-long post.
As the Council has a directly elected mayor with executive powers, the Speaker fulfils many of the ceremonial and public duties traditionally associated with the role of mayor.
Cllr Etti, said: ‘’We had such a great afternoon seeing children in dazzling costumes. I really enjoyed meeting all the children and their parents and would like to thank everyone who has supported us.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope that this becomes an annual event for the Speaker.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web