Is this Lower Clapton graffiti the work of Banksy?
Street artist Banksy may have struck again in Lower Clapton, with an image of a boy smoking a cigar.
The image is of a young lad sitting on a stool reading a book which says, “Know your enemy,”
It has been stencilled next to Ismail Nas’ garage, Project Cars, in Andre Street.
Mr Nas was over the moon to find the graffiti when he turned up for work this morning.
“I wish they could do it in front of my garage,” said Mr Saleh whose business is right next door. “This man is a very rich man now, very rich.”
You may also want to watch:
A work by the pseudonymous graffiti artist sold for �288,000 at auction in 2007 and his work is collected by fellow artist Damian Hirst.
Nearby resident Andy Link said he saw the work last night and believes the image should be left in place: “If it’s a Banksy it’s brilliant,” he said.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
“It lightens up a dark alley and puts a smile on your face.”
There has been a reported sighting of another image outside Hackney Downs train station.