ISIS roots discussed at Rio fundraiser for children refugees
- Credit: Archant
An event to raise money for refugee children takes place at the Rio Cinema tomorrow.
Psychotherapist and researcher Dr Mitra Babak hosts a seminar at the Rescue 4 Children fundraiser on the psychological roots of ISIS and the issues facing middle eastern society.
Other guest speakers include BBC Political Analyst Dr Hemn Seyedi and UK Representative of the Democratic Union Party Dr Alan Semo.
Live music comes from Dila V & The Odd Beats and food will be provided by Cinnamon NW3.
Rescue 4 Children provides humanitarian aid for children and families who have been seeking refuge in the various refugee camps based in Iraqi Kurdistan, Syria and Turkey since war started.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place at the cinema in Kingsland High Street from 1pm to 5pm on Saturday March 28.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12