ISIS roots discussed at Rio fundraiser for children refugees
- Credit: Archant
An event to raise money for refugee children takes place at the Rio Cinema tomorrow.
Psychotherapist and researcher Dr Mitra Babak hosts a seminar at the Rescue 4 Children fundraiser on the psychological roots of ISIS and the issues facing middle eastern society.
Other guest speakers include BBC Political Analyst Dr Hemn Seyedi and UK Representative of the Democratic Union Party Dr Alan Semo.
Live music comes from Dila V & The Odd Beats and food will be provided by Cinnamon NW3.
Rescue 4 Children provides humanitarian aid for children and families who have been seeking refuge in the various refugee camps based in Iraqi Kurdistan, Syria and Turkey since war started.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place at the cinema in Kingsland High Street from 1pm to 5pm on Saturday March 28.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness