Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- Credit: Hackney council
Hackney and Islington have been named as two of the 10 noisiest boroughs in London, according to research by insurance company Confused.com.
Westminister was found to be the loudest borough to move to, with 24,756 noise complaints over the last year or 20 complaints for every 100 households.
Islington came in second and Hackney was ranked the 7th noisiest borough.
Confused.com conducted Freedom of Information requests to the 100 biggest cities in the UK to find out the number of noise complaints over the last 12 months.
Their findings found that in Hackney there had been 11,025 noise complaints made over the last year or 10 per 100 households.
Islington was found to be even noisier with 15 complaints for every 100 households and Harrow was crowned the quietest with a total of 666 complaints, just one complaint for every 100 households.
You may also want to watch:
The data collected by the insurance company suggests London is the noisiest place to live out of the most populated cities in the UK, as 515 noise complaints were raised per 10,000 households, on average.
- 1 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 2 Boat party organiser pleads guilty to breaking Covid rules during lockdown
- 3 Dalston shooting victim named by police
- 4 All Points East: Meet east London artist Olivia Dean
- 5 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 6 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 8 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 9 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital