Iuliana Tudos: man arrested in Dalston on suspicion of Finsbury Park murder
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the death of Iuliana Tudos have arrested a man in Dalston on suspicion of murder.
The 22-year-old was reported as missing by friends after she failed to turn up to celebrate Christmas with them.
Her body was found by a member of the public two days later on Wednesday afternoon in a disused hut near the softball pitches in Finsbury Park.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, and a post-mortem later showed she had died of a stab wound to the stomach and a head injury.
A fundraiser set up by her friends has now raised over £16,000 towards funeral costs.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man was arrested at around 1.30pm yesterday in Dalston on suspicion of murder. He remains in custody at a south-west London police station.
Iuliana, also known as Julia or Lili, lived in Upper Tollington and worked as a barmaid at Camden rock pub The World’s End.
- 1 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 2 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
Extra officers were deployed for reassurance around the park following her death.
Det Ch Supt Des Fahy said: “We understand that the local community might have concerns, but I want to reassure people that incidents of this nature are incredibly rare.
“We have police out and about on patrol and local neighbourhood policing teams have been out speaking to members of the community.
“By all accounts, Iuliana was a bubbly lively girl enjoying a fun life in London when she was tragically taken from her loved ones. Our hearts go out to them. “
Anyone with information is asked to call the dedicated incident room on 020 8785 8244, tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.