Tottenham end transfer hiatus with Clarke signing
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The teenager has signed a deal with Spurs until the summer of 2023, but will spend the 2019/20 campaign on loan at Leeds United
Spurs have completed their first transfer since January 2018 with the addition of Jack Clarke from Leeds United for an undisclosed fee.
The 18-year-old came to prominence during the 2018/19 campaign where the Whites shone in the Championship under the management of Marcelo Bielsa and reached the play-offs.
Bielsa, who coached Mauricio Pochettino at River Plate, will still have the luxury of keeping Clarke for the upcoming season though, with Tottenham Hotspur happy for the teenager to remain at Elland Road.
An exciting winger, the Leeds academy graduae played 25 times during the previous campaign and netted twice.
You may also want to watch:
Upon signing for Spurs, Clarke told the official club website: "I'm delighted to join Tottenham and in the short term I'll be giving my all to hopefully help Leeds win promotion."
The attacker is Spurs' first signing since Lucas Moura joined the club from Paris Saint-Germain during the 2018 winter transfer window.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction