Chester would understand if Tottenham target Grealish leaves Aston Villa
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs are yet to bring anyone in during the summer transfer window, but have been heavily linked with Jack Grealish
James Chester has committed his future to Aston Villa, but says team-mate Jack Grealish should not be criticised if he leaves for the Premier League.
The 22-year-old has been a long-time Tottenham Hotspur target and he could move to north London before the transfer deadline next week.
“I think Jack is the most talented player at the club and deserves to be playing at the very top of the game,” Chester told Press Association Sport.
“People forget he is still very young, but we know Villa will be a real threat to anyone in the division (Sky Bet Championship) if he stays.
You may also want to watch:
“It would be sad to see him go and I don’t know if he will now that the ownership of the club has changed.
“But I don’t think anyone should hold it against him if he ends up going to a top Premier League club.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
James Chester was speaking at the launch of McDonald’s UK’s new football sponsorship programme which will provide over five million hours of fun football for children across the UK by 2022. For further information visit www.mcdonalds.co.uk/football