Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant opens in Stoke Newington Church Street
- Credit: Archant
Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant has opened a branch in Stoke Newington Church Street.
Mr Corbyn is a regular at Acoustic in Newington Green in his Islington North constituency.
And the Labour Party leader loves the Mediterranean joint so much that he took the time to open its second shop on Friday.
Owners Sefika Erdal and Adil Kolcak had been looking to open in Church Street for a year, and found the perfect spot on the junction with Defoe Road.
Adil said: “I like the area and the client profile is something we are targeting.
You may also want to watch:
“We know in our Newington Green restaurant that customers come from this area, so we thought it was a good idea to come here.”
He said Acoustic’s food is “healthy and hearty” – and guaranteed good coverage from the Gazette by providing the best hummus its reporter has ever tasted.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Mr Corbyn, who cut the ribbon with Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott, said: “I’m so full admiration for them opening this cafe. You’re going to be the centrepiece of Church Street.”
Ms Abbott said Acoustic will be her “go-to” – as it is for Mr Corbyn in Newington Green.