Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant opens in Stoke Newington Church Street
- Credit: Archant
Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant has opened a branch in Stoke Newington Church Street.
Mr Corbyn is a regular at Acoustic in Newington Green in his Islington North constituency.
And the Labour Party leader loves the Mediterranean joint so much that he took the time to open its second shop on Friday.
Owners Sefika Erdal and Adil Kolcak had been looking to open in Church Street for a year, and found the perfect spot on the junction with Defoe Road.
Adil said: “I like the area and the client profile is something we are targeting.
You may also want to watch:
“We know in our Newington Green restaurant that customers come from this area, so we thought it was a good idea to come here.”
He said Acoustic’s food is “healthy and hearty” – and guaranteed good coverage from the Gazette by providing the best hummus its reporter has ever tasted.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Mr Corbyn, who cut the ribbon with Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott, said: “I’m so full admiration for them opening this cafe. You’re going to be the centrepiece of Church Street.”
Ms Abbott said Acoustic will be her “go-to” – as it is for Mr Corbyn in Newington Green.