Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant opens in Stoke Newington Church Street
- Credit: Archant
Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant has opened a branch in Stoke Newington Church Street.
Mr Corbyn is a regular at Acoustic in Newington Green in his Islington North constituency.
And the Labour Party leader loves the Mediterranean joint so much that he took the time to open its second shop on Friday.
Owners Sefika Erdal and Adil Kolcak had been looking to open in Church Street for a year, and found the perfect spot on the junction with Defoe Road.
Adil said: “I like the area and the client profile is something we are targeting.
You may also want to watch:
“We know in our Newington Green restaurant that customers come from this area, so we thought it was a good idea to come here.”
He said Acoustic’s food is “healthy and hearty” – and guaranteed good coverage from the Gazette by providing the best hummus its reporter has ever tasted.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 5 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 8 Hackney NHS staff celebrated for 'work beyond the call of duty'
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
Mr Corbyn, who cut the ribbon with Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott, said: “I’m so full admiration for them opening this cafe. You’re going to be the centrepiece of Church Street.”
Ms Abbott said Acoustic will be her “go-to” – as it is for Mr Corbyn in Newington Green.