Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant opens in Stoke Newington Church Street
- Credit: Archant
Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant has opened a branch in Stoke Newington Church Street.
Mr Corbyn is a regular at Acoustic in Newington Green in his Islington North constituency.
And the Labour Party leader loves the Mediterranean joint so much that he took the time to open its second shop on Friday.
Owners Sefika Erdal and Adil Kolcak had been looking to open in Church Street for a year, and found the perfect spot on the junction with Defoe Road.
Adil said: “I like the area and the client profile is something we are targeting.
“We know in our Newington Green restaurant that customers come from this area, so we thought it was a good idea to come here.”
He said Acoustic’s food is “healthy and hearty” – and guaranteed good coverage from the Gazette by providing the best hummus its reporter has ever tasted.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 4 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 5 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 6 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 7 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 8 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 9 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 10 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
Mr Corbyn, who cut the ribbon with Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott, said: “I’m so full admiration for them opening this cafe. You’re going to be the centrepiece of Church Street.”
Ms Abbott said Acoustic will be her “go-to” – as it is for Mr Corbyn in Newington Green.