Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant opens in Stoke Newington Church Street
- Credit: Archant
Jeremy Corbyn’s favourite restaurant has opened a branch in Stoke Newington Church Street.
Mr Corbyn is a regular at Acoustic in Newington Green in his Islington North constituency.
And the Labour Party leader loves the Mediterranean joint so much that he took the time to open its second shop on Friday.
Owners Sefika Erdal and Adil Kolcak had been looking to open in Church Street for a year, and found the perfect spot on the junction with Defoe Road.
Adil said: “I like the area and the client profile is something we are targeting.
You may also want to watch:
“We know in our Newington Green restaurant that customers come from this area, so we thought it was a good idea to come here.”
He said Acoustic’s food is “healthy and hearty” – and guaranteed good coverage from the Gazette by providing the best hummus its reporter has ever tasted.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
Mr Corbyn, who cut the ribbon with Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott, said: “I’m so full admiration for them opening this cafe. You’re going to be the centrepiece of Church Street.”
Ms Abbott said Acoustic will be her “go-to” – as it is for Mr Corbyn in Newington Green.