Join Clapton the pantomime horse for the 1k Dame Dash
- Credit: Archant
Clapton the pantomime horse is ready and raring to run in the Dame Dash next week, one of the most colourful fundraising events ever staged in the East End to raise money for St Joseph’s Hospice and the Hackney Empire.
The five-year-old colt, who is more used to treading the boards than racing, joined the CEOs of two of Hackney’s best loved institutions in calling on East Enders to sign-up for the 1km dash along Mare Street on Sunday 27 October.
Participants are being asked to dress up as their favourite pantomime character to raise money for the two charities.
Clarie Middleton, chief executive of the Hackney Empire, said: “With the panto season just around the corner, it’s a great time to have a laugh, but also remember that our two great organisations relies on the support of the community to continue to provide high quality care and entertainment.
“So please make Clapton happy and sign up for the Dame Dash”
You may also want to watch:
A tea dance, baby disco and music and drumming workshops will be held to coincide with the event at the Hackney Empire.
To enter go to www.damedash.org.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday