Join Clapton the pantomime horse for the 1k Dame Dash
- Credit: Archant
Clapton the pantomime horse is ready and raring to run in the Dame Dash next week, one of the most colourful fundraising events ever staged in the East End to raise money for St Joseph’s Hospice and the Hackney Empire.
The five-year-old colt, who is more used to treading the boards than racing, joined the CEOs of two of Hackney’s best loved institutions in calling on East Enders to sign-up for the 1km dash along Mare Street on Sunday 27 October.
Participants are being asked to dress up as their favourite pantomime character to raise money for the two charities.
Clarie Middleton, chief executive of the Hackney Empire, said: “With the panto season just around the corner, it’s a great time to have a laugh, but also remember that our two great organisations relies on the support of the community to continue to provide high quality care and entertainment.
“So please make Clapton happy and sign up for the Dame Dash”
You may also want to watch:
A tea dance, baby disco and music and drumming workshops will be held to coincide with the event at the Hackney Empire.
To enter go to www.damedash.org.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed