Join Clapton the pantomime horse for the 1k Dame Dash
- Credit: Archant
Clapton the pantomime horse is ready and raring to run in the Dame Dash next week, one of the most colourful fundraising events ever staged in the East End to raise money for St Joseph’s Hospice and the Hackney Empire.
The five-year-old colt, who is more used to treading the boards than racing, joined the CEOs of two of Hackney’s best loved institutions in calling on East Enders to sign-up for the 1km dash along Mare Street on Sunday 27 October.
Participants are being asked to dress up as their favourite pantomime character to raise money for the two charities.
Clarie Middleton, chief executive of the Hackney Empire, said: “With the panto season just around the corner, it’s a great time to have a laugh, but also remember that our two great organisations relies on the support of the community to continue to provide high quality care and entertainment.
“So please make Clapton happy and sign up for the Dame Dash”
You may also want to watch:
A tea dance, baby disco and music and drumming workshops will be held to coincide with the event at the Hackney Empire.
To enter go to www.damedash.org.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside