Join in film-making, carnival dance and jazz workshops during Discover Young Hackney festival
The annual youth arts and culture festival Discover Young Hackney is running throughout the whole of February.
Now in its seventh year, the festival organised by Hackney Council provides 13-19 year olds with an insight into the performing, media and visual arts industries.
Workshops include film-making, animation, drama and jazz.
Taster sessions and workshops focusing on film-making, animation, carnival dance, drama and jazz have been organised with input from industry professionals to encourage creativity and give young people opportunities to prepare for further education or their future careers.
Eight finalists have already been chosen for the Alter Ego talent competition at the Hackney Empire, this Saturday, February 7.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney Live is funded by Hackney Council and Arts Council England working with Arcola Theatre, Mimbre and East London Dance.
Further information and an events calendar is available at www.discoveryounghackney.com.
- 1 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 7 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 8 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 9 Hoxton's new Britannia Leisure Centre to open this month
- 10 Woman arrested following Stamford Hill stabbing