Join in film-making, carnival dance and jazz workshops during Discover Young Hackney festival
The annual youth arts and culture festival Discover Young Hackney is running throughout the whole of February.
Now in its seventh year, the festival organised by Hackney Council provides 13-19 year olds with an insight into the performing, media and visual arts industries.
Workshops include film-making, animation, drama and jazz.
Taster sessions and workshops focusing on film-making, animation, carnival dance, drama and jazz have been organised with input from industry professionals to encourage creativity and give young people opportunities to prepare for further education or their future careers.
Eight finalists have already been chosen for the Alter Ego talent competition at the Hackney Empire, this Saturday, February 7.
Hackney Live is funded by Hackney Council and Arts Council England working with Arcola Theatre, Mimbre and East London Dance.
Further information and an events calendar is available at www.discoveryounghackney.com.
- 1 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
- 4 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 5 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 6 Dumpling Shack announces plans for Hackney restaurant
- 7 Covid patient numbers remain steady at Homerton Hospital
- 8 Sentencing delayed for 'audacious' fraudster who conned Hackney hotel staff
- 9 Hackney-born football fanatic pens lifelong passion
- 10 Hackney woman fined £12,000 for hosting birthday bash a day after No 10 parties