Join in film-making, carnival dance and jazz workshops during Discover Young Hackney festival
The annual youth arts and culture festival Discover Young Hackney is running throughout the whole of February.
Now in its seventh year, the festival organised by Hackney Council provides 13-19 year olds with an insight into the performing, media and visual arts industries.
Workshops include film-making, animation, drama and jazz.
Taster sessions and workshops focusing on film-making, animation, carnival dance, drama and jazz have been organised with input from industry professionals to encourage creativity and give young people opportunities to prepare for further education or their future careers.
Eight finalists have already been chosen for the Alter Ego talent competition at the Hackney Empire, this Saturday, February 7.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney Live is funded by Hackney Council and Arts Council England working with Arcola Theatre, Mimbre and East London Dance.
Further information and an events calendar is available at www.discoveryounghackney.com.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London