Join in film-making, carnival dance and jazz workshops during Discover Young Hackney festival
The annual youth arts and culture festival Discover Young Hackney is running throughout the whole of February.
Now in its seventh year, the festival organised by Hackney Council provides 13-19 year olds with an insight into the performing, media and visual arts industries.
Workshops include film-making, animation, drama and jazz.
Taster sessions and workshops focusing on film-making, animation, carnival dance, drama and jazz have been organised with input from industry professionals to encourage creativity and give young people opportunities to prepare for further education or their future careers.
Eight finalists have already been chosen for the Alter Ego talent competition at the Hackney Empire, this Saturday, February 7.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney Live is funded by Hackney Council and Arts Council England working with Arcola Theatre, Mimbre and East London Dance.
Further information and an events calendar is available at www.discoveryounghackney.com.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared