Join in the fun at your local library in Hackney
Events put on to highlight the wealth of services available to residents.
LIBRARIES across the borough flung open their doors for all as a series of special Christmas events took place.
Hackney Central library was the location for smiles and fun during the Life Winter Fayre on Saturday December 4.
Father Christmas was on hand to give out presents while youngsters had the chance to try and make Scrooge smile for a prize as families from across the borough joined in the fun.
Head massages, jewellery making, live music and food were all on offer to those in attendance as Hackney Council sought to encourage more people to get down to their nearest library and discover what is on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney Council’s Cabinet Member for Community Services, Cllr Jonathan McShane said: “The Council wants to encourage more people to join and use Hackney libraries. There is a lot on offer from borrowing books and using the internet to reading groups and activities in the school holidays.
“We are holding a series of open days so you can talk to library staff about your local library. Come along, you might be surprised at what happens in your local library.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
There are currently eight libraries in Hackney which hold over 250,000 books, 57,000 DVDs and CDs and play host to 150 computers with free internet access.
For more information about events at libraires in Hackney and what is on offer visit www.hackney.gov.uk/libraries or call 020 8356 3000.