Join the March of the Dead in Hackney this weekend
Performers parade through the streets
Ghastly ghouls will take over Hackney’s streets this weekend as the fifth annual March of the Dead rolls into town.
A procession of more than 500 performers, musicians and revellers will snake its way along Shoreditch High Street and Kingsland Road on Saturday night.
Costumed creatures of the night will gather at 7pm sharp in Hoxton Square and the parade, organised by Stoke Newington-based theatre organisation StrangeWorks, will culminate with a dance of the dead in Gillett Square, Dalston.
The annual street parade started in 2006 and is organised in conjunction with performance venue Passing Clouds in Richmond Road, Dalston. Previous years have seen a stolen moon, sea souls, lunatics and a killer panda parade through the streets.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public are invited to dress up in black, white and red and join the march, which will include theatre and music performances along the way.
For more information, go to www.strangeworks.org or email email@example.com.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney