Join the March of the Dead in Hackney this weekend
Performers parade through the streets
Ghastly ghouls will take over Hackney’s streets this weekend as the fifth annual March of the Dead rolls into town.
A procession of more than 500 performers, musicians and revellers will snake its way along Shoreditch High Street and Kingsland Road on Saturday night.
Costumed creatures of the night will gather at 7pm sharp in Hoxton Square and the parade, organised by Stoke Newington-based theatre organisation StrangeWorks, will culminate with a dance of the dead in Gillett Square, Dalston.
The annual street parade started in 2006 and is organised in conjunction with performance venue Passing Clouds in Richmond Road, Dalston. Previous years have seen a stolen moon, sea souls, lunatics and a killer panda parade through the streets.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public are invited to dress up in black, white and red and join the march, which will include theatre and music performances along the way.
For more information, go to www.strangeworks.org or email email@example.com.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington