Join the March of the Dead in Hackney this weekend
Performers parade through the streets
Ghastly ghouls will take over Hackney’s streets this weekend as the fifth annual March of the Dead rolls into town.
A procession of more than 500 performers, musicians and revellers will snake its way along Shoreditch High Street and Kingsland Road on Saturday night.
Costumed creatures of the night will gather at 7pm sharp in Hoxton Square and the parade, organised by Stoke Newington-based theatre organisation StrangeWorks, will culminate with a dance of the dead in Gillett Square, Dalston.
The annual street parade started in 2006 and is organised in conjunction with performance venue Passing Clouds in Richmond Road, Dalston. Previous years have seen a stolen moon, sea souls, lunatics and a killer panda parade through the streets.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public are invited to dress up in black, white and red and join the march, which will include theatre and music performances along the way.
For more information, go to www.strangeworks.org or email email@example.com.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding