‘Totally in control’ - Mourinho full of praise for Ndombele in Norwich draw
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho praised returning midfielder Tanguy Ndombele for his performance in the 2-2 draw with Norwich City.
Ndombele had been left out in the win over Brighton after telling his manager that he did not feel in a condition to play.
Speaking after the Brighton game, Mourinho said that it was "based on fears of previous injuries that he has had since the beginning of the season".
But Ndombele was recalled to the starting 11 in the 2-2 draw with Norwich on Saturday and the Spurs boss was full of praise for the Frenchman.
"He played very well," Mourinho said after the Norwich game.
You may also want to watch:
"We played without a positional midfield player, no Winks, no Dier, we play without them.
"Ndombele and Eriksen they played so, so well.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
"Totally in control and so fluid with the football, the passing and the movement, turning, never playing back passes, always getting the ball going forward and between the lines and looking for the wingers. Fantastic football."