‘Totally in control’ - Mourinho full of praise for Ndombele in Norwich draw
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho praised returning midfielder Tanguy Ndombele for his performance in the 2-2 draw with Norwich City.
Ndombele had been left out in the win over Brighton after telling his manager that he did not feel in a condition to play.
Speaking after the Brighton game, Mourinho said that it was "based on fears of previous injuries that he has had since the beginning of the season".
But Ndombele was recalled to the starting 11 in the 2-2 draw with Norwich on Saturday and the Spurs boss was full of praise for the Frenchman.
"He played very well," Mourinho said after the Norwich game.
You may also want to watch:
"We played without a positional midfield player, no Winks, no Dier, we play without them.
"Ndombele and Eriksen they played so, so well.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
"Totally in control and so fluid with the football, the passing and the movement, turning, never playing back passes, always getting the ball going forward and between the lines and looking for the wingers. Fantastic football."