‘Totally in control’ - Mourinho full of praise for Ndombele in Norwich draw
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho praised returning midfielder Tanguy Ndombele for his performance in the 2-2 draw with Norwich City.
Ndombele had been left out in the win over Brighton after telling his manager that he did not feel in a condition to play.
Speaking after the Brighton game, Mourinho said that it was "based on fears of previous injuries that he has had since the beginning of the season".
But Ndombele was recalled to the starting 11 in the 2-2 draw with Norwich on Saturday and the Spurs boss was full of praise for the Frenchman.
"He played very well," Mourinho said after the Norwich game.
You may also want to watch:
"We played without a positional midfield player, no Winks, no Dier, we play without them.
"Ndombele and Eriksen they played so, so well.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 6 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 7 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
"Totally in control and so fluid with the football, the passing and the movement, turning, never playing back passes, always getting the ball going forward and between the lines and looking for the wingers. Fantastic football."