Journeys are magical for Hackney train passengers
Magic awaits rail passengers travelling through Hackney on the London Overground.
Travellers boarding trains between Hackney Central and Stratford are being surprised by a magician performing card tricks which brighten up their journey.
The London Overground magician has been hired for the length of the Olympics and Paralympics to spread the ‘spirit’ of the Games and entertain sports fans on their way to the venues.
Dressed in a London Overground uniform, magicians Danny Hall and Josh Hayman, take it in turns to wow passengers with their sleight of hand.
Impressed passengers have put photos and messages on Twitter with the hashtag #overgroundmagician.
You may also want to watch:
Molly Tappin tweeted: “Unbelievable scenes #overgroundmagician just blew my mind.”
Jonathan Drori said: “Official magician on trains serving Olympics. Every country should copy!”
- 1 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 4 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 5 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 10 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
The show on the London Overground in Hackney does not stop with magic. Up and coming London-based musicians are also taking to the platforms at Hackney Central, Homerton and Hackney Wick stations to entertain the crowds with acoustic sets until Sunday.