Journeys are magical for Hackney train passengers
Magic awaits rail passengers travelling through Hackney on the London Overground.
Travellers boarding trains between Hackney Central and Stratford are being surprised by a magician performing card tricks which brighten up their journey.
The London Overground magician has been hired for the length of the Olympics and Paralympics to spread the ‘spirit’ of the Games and entertain sports fans on their way to the venues.
Dressed in a London Overground uniform, magicians Danny Hall and Josh Hayman, take it in turns to wow passengers with their sleight of hand.
Impressed passengers have put photos and messages on Twitter with the hashtag #overgroundmagician.
You may also want to watch:
Molly Tappin tweeted: “Unbelievable scenes #overgroundmagician just blew my mind.”
Jonathan Drori said: “Official magician on trains serving Olympics. Every country should copy!”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
The show on the London Overground in Hackney does not stop with magic. Up and coming London-based musicians are also taking to the platforms at Hackney Central, Homerton and Hackney Wick stations to entertain the crowds with acoustic sets until Sunday.