Journeys are magical for Hackney train passengers
Magic awaits rail passengers travelling through Hackney on the London Overground.
Travellers boarding trains between Hackney Central and Stratford are being surprised by a magician performing card tricks which brighten up their journey.
The London Overground magician has been hired for the length of the Olympics and Paralympics to spread the ‘spirit’ of the Games and entertain sports fans on their way to the venues.
Dressed in a London Overground uniform, magicians Danny Hall and Josh Hayman, take it in turns to wow passengers with their sleight of hand.
Impressed passengers have put photos and messages on Twitter with the hashtag #overgroundmagician.
Molly Tappin tweeted: “Unbelievable scenes #overgroundmagician just blew my mind.”
Jonathan Drori said: “Official magician on trains serving Olympics. Every country should copy!”
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 5 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 6 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 7 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 8 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
The show on the London Overground in Hackney does not stop with magic. Up and coming London-based musicians are also taking to the platforms at Hackney Central, Homerton and Hackney Wick stations to entertain the crowds with acoustic sets until Sunday.