Journeys are magical for Hackney train passengers
Magic awaits rail passengers travelling through Hackney on the London Overground.
Travellers boarding trains between Hackney Central and Stratford are being surprised by a magician performing card tricks which brighten up their journey.
The London Overground magician has been hired for the length of the Olympics and Paralympics to spread the ‘spirit’ of the Games and entertain sports fans on their way to the venues.
Dressed in a London Overground uniform, magicians Danny Hall and Josh Hayman, take it in turns to wow passengers with their sleight of hand.
Impressed passengers have put photos and messages on Twitter with the hashtag #overgroundmagician.
You may also want to watch:
Molly Tappin tweeted: “Unbelievable scenes #overgroundmagician just blew my mind.”
Jonathan Drori said: “Official magician on trains serving Olympics. Every country should copy!”
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
The show on the London Overground in Hackney does not stop with magic. Up and coming London-based musicians are also taking to the platforms at Hackney Central, Homerton and Hackney Wick stations to entertain the crowds with acoustic sets until Sunday.