Journeys are magical for Hackney train passengers
Magic awaits rail passengers travelling through Hackney on the London Overground.
Travellers boarding trains between Hackney Central and Stratford are being surprised by a magician performing card tricks which brighten up their journey.
The London Overground magician has been hired for the length of the Olympics and Paralympics to spread the ‘spirit’ of the Games and entertain sports fans on their way to the venues.
Dressed in a London Overground uniform, magicians Danny Hall and Josh Hayman, take it in turns to wow passengers with their sleight of hand.
Impressed passengers have put photos and messages on Twitter with the hashtag #overgroundmagician.
You may also want to watch:
Molly Tappin tweeted: “Unbelievable scenes #overgroundmagician just blew my mind.”
Jonathan Drori said: “Official magician on trains serving Olympics. Every country should copy!”
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
The show on the London Overground in Hackney does not stop with magic. Up and coming London-based musicians are also taking to the platforms at Hackney Central, Homerton and Hackney Wick stations to entertain the crowds with acoustic sets until Sunday.