Tottenham ace Foyth ready for clash with Chile
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Argentina and Chile will compete to decide who finishes third at the Copa America
Juan Foyth's hopes of leading Argentina to the final of the Copa America ended this week, but he has one more match to take part in.
The Spurs centre back, who has played at right-back for his country, helped them to a 2-0 win over Venezuela in the quarter-finals.
It set up a last-four fixture with Brazil and the hosts' of the tournament triumphed by a 2-0 score.
Foyth completed the whole match and will be expected to take part in the third-place play-off on Saturday evening against Chile, who lost 3-0 to Peru earlier this week.
You may also want to watch:
The tournament has been a great learning curve for the young defender and he will aim to finish on a high note with La Albiceleste at the weekend.
He will then be given some extended time off before the 21-year-old returns to Hotspur Way later this month to begin his pre-season with Tottenham Hotspur.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens