Tottenham ace Foyth ready for clash with Chile
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Argentina and Chile will compete to decide who finishes third at the Copa America
Juan Foyth's hopes of leading Argentina to the final of the Copa America ended this week, but he has one more match to take part in.
The Spurs centre back, who has played at right-back for his country, helped them to a 2-0 win over Venezuela in the quarter-finals.
It set up a last-four fixture with Brazil and the hosts' of the tournament triumphed by a 2-0 score.
Foyth completed the whole match and will be expected to take part in the third-place play-off on Saturday evening against Chile, who lost 3-0 to Peru earlier this week.
You may also want to watch:
The tournament has been a great learning curve for the young defender and he will aim to finish on a high note with La Albiceleste at the weekend.
He will then be given some extended time off before the 21-year-old returns to Hotspur Way later this month to begin his pre-season with Tottenham Hotspur.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 8 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'