Just three more days to register: Example, Ben Howard and LostProphets added to Hackney Weekend lineup
Example, Ben Howard and LostProphets have joined the line-up for the massive BBC Radio 1 Hackney Weekend concert on the Marshes this June.
US rapper B.o.B, dance artist Madeon and singer Santigold have also been added to the bill, along with Gyptian, Sway, Delilah, Lethal Bizzle and Enter Shikari.
US rapper Jay-Z will headline the event which is taking place on June 23 and 24 when Glastonbury is normally held – but is not scheduled for this year.
The biggest event ever staged by Radio 1 will feature more than 100 UK and international artists, including will.i.am, Florence And The Machine, Jessie J, Leona Lewis and Lana Del Rey.
There are 100,000 tickets up for grabs, and half of them are being held over for Hackney residents.
You may also want to watch:
Superstar Leona Lewis spoke to the Gazette to urge Hackney residents to sign up.
There will be six stages, including the Radio 1 main stage, Radio 1Xtra stage, dance stage, In New Music We Trust stage and the BBC Introducing stage.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
There are just three days to go until registration ends at 11pm on Monday March 19.
Those who register will then be able to apply for up to two tickets online or by phone on the 25 and 26 March.
Tickets are free but there is a handling fee of �2.50.