Kane wonder strike seals comeback win for Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: Juventus 2 Tottenham Hotspur 3
Harry Kane scored an incredible stoppage-time winner for Tottenham Hotspur to help them see off Juventus in the International Champions Cup on Sunday in Singapore.
The forward lobbed former Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny from the halfway line after Lucas Moura had won the ball back to conclude a thrilling friendly.
Earlier goals by Erik Lamela and the Brazilian had cancelled out strikes by Gonzalo Higuain and Cristiano Ronaldo at the National Stadium.
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino handed starting opportunities to Kyle Walker-Peters, Japhet Tanganga, Anthony Georgiou, Oliver Skipp and Troy Parrott while centre back Toby Alderweireld captained the side.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham made the breakthrough after half an hour when Parrott saw an effort saved by Gianluigi Buffon and Lamela was on hand to tap home the rebound.
It remained 1-0 until half time, but Juventus introduced Higuain at the break and he equalised 11 minutes later after a neat one-two with Federico Bernardeschi.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 8 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 9 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 10 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
Ronaldo got in on the act with an hour played when he converted Mattia De Sciglio's cut back to make it 2-1.
The Lilywhites equalised not long after through substitute Moura with new record signing Tanguy Ndombele announcing his arrival into the game in style.
Spurs' number 28 produced a wonderful pass for the Brazilian to smash home with 65 on the clock.
While more chances occurred, the winner didn't arrive until after the 90 minutes were up, but it was worth the wait.
Adrien Rabiot was disposed and Kane fired first time over Szczesny from inside his own half to cap an entertaining friendly in Asia.
Next up for Pochettino's team is a trip to Shanghai to take on Premier League rivals Manchester United on Thursday in another International Champions Cup clash.
George Marsh, Harvey White, Jamie Bowden and Jack Roles were introduced from the bench and they will hope for more chances on the tour.