Kane wonder strike seals comeback win for Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: Juventus 2 Tottenham Hotspur 3
Harry Kane scored an incredible stoppage-time winner for Tottenham Hotspur to help them see off Juventus in the International Champions Cup on Sunday in Singapore.
The forward lobbed former Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny from the halfway line after Lucas Moura had won the ball back to conclude a thrilling friendly.
Earlier goals by Erik Lamela and the Brazilian had cancelled out strikes by Gonzalo Higuain and Cristiano Ronaldo at the National Stadium.
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino handed starting opportunities to Kyle Walker-Peters, Japhet Tanganga, Anthony Georgiou, Oliver Skipp and Troy Parrott while centre back Toby Alderweireld captained the side.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham made the breakthrough after half an hour when Parrott saw an effort saved by Gianluigi Buffon and Lamela was on hand to tap home the rebound.
It remained 1-0 until half time, but Juventus introduced Higuain at the break and he equalised 11 minutes later after a neat one-two with Federico Bernardeschi.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
Ronaldo got in on the act with an hour played when he converted Mattia De Sciglio's cut back to make it 2-1.
The Lilywhites equalised not long after through substitute Moura with new record signing Tanguy Ndombele announcing his arrival into the game in style.
Spurs' number 28 produced a wonderful pass for the Brazilian to smash home with 65 on the clock.
While more chances occurred, the winner didn't arrive until after the 90 minutes were up, but it was worth the wait.
Adrien Rabiot was disposed and Kane fired first time over Szczesny from inside his own half to cap an entertaining friendly in Asia.
Next up for Pochettino's team is a trip to Shanghai to take on Premier League rivals Manchester United on Thursday in another International Champions Cup clash.
George Marsh, Harvey White, Jamie Bowden and Jack Roles were introduced from the bench and they will hope for more chances on the tour.