Kanye West fans left out in the cold at Shoreditch video screening
Crowds that gathered to catch a glimpse of Kayne West in Shoreditch yesterday afternoon (Feb 9) had to make do with a film projection of the star instead.
The rapper premiered the video for his new single Paris, part of his Watch the Throne collaboration with Jay-Z, with a screening on the side of Shoreditch High Street Overground station at about 5pm.
Rumours had been rife that the star would attend the launch in person, with many Twitter users reporting sightings around Brick Lane and Dalston.
But fans were left out in the cold as they were forced to make do with an on-screen version of the rapper.
Kanye is the latest in a long line of artists who have used Hackney to promote their work.
You may also want to watch:
Rihanna filmed the video for her latest single You Da One in a studio in Manor Road, Stamford Hill, last year.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors