Kanye West fans left out in the cold at Shoreditch video screening
Crowds that gathered to catch a glimpse of Kayne West in Shoreditch yesterday afternoon (Feb 9) had to make do with a film projection of the star instead.
The rapper premiered the video for his new single Paris, part of his Watch the Throne collaboration with Jay-Z, with a screening on the side of Shoreditch High Street Overground station at about 5pm.
Rumours had been rife that the star would attend the launch in person, with many Twitter users reporting sightings around Brick Lane and Dalston.
But fans were left out in the cold as they were forced to make do with an on-screen version of the rapper.
Kanye is the latest in a long line of artists who have used Hackney to promote their work.
You may also want to watch:
Rihanna filmed the video for her latest single You Da One in a studio in Manor Road, Stamford Hill, last year.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney