Kanye West fans left out in the cold at Shoreditch video screening
Crowds that gathered to catch a glimpse of Kayne West in Shoreditch yesterday afternoon (Feb 9) had to make do with a film projection of the star instead.
The rapper premiered the video for his new single Paris, part of his Watch the Throne collaboration with Jay-Z, with a screening on the side of Shoreditch High Street Overground station at about 5pm.
Rumours had been rife that the star would attend the launch in person, with many Twitter users reporting sightings around Brick Lane and Dalston.
But fans were left out in the cold as they were forced to make do with an on-screen version of the rapper.
Kanye is the latest in a long line of artists who have used Hackney to promote their work.
You may also want to watch:
Rihanna filmed the video for her latest single You Da One in a studio in Manor Road, Stamford Hill, last year.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images