Kanye West fans left out in the cold at Shoreditch video screening
Crowds that gathered to catch a glimpse of Kayne West in Shoreditch yesterday afternoon (Feb 9) had to make do with a film projection of the star instead.
The rapper premiered the video for his new single Paris, part of his Watch the Throne collaboration with Jay-Z, with a screening on the side of Shoreditch High Street Overground station at about 5pm.
Rumours had been rife that the star would attend the launch in person, with many Twitter users reporting sightings around Brick Lane and Dalston.
But fans were left out in the cold as they were forced to make do with an on-screen version of the rapper.
Kanye is the latest in a long line of artists who have used Hackney to promote their work.
You may also want to watch:
Rihanna filmed the video for her latest single You Da One in a studio in Manor Road, Stamford Hill, last year.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 9 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington