Kingsland Road crash appeal: Cyclist ‘critical’ after apparently hitting an empty parked car
- Credit: Google Street View
A cyclist is fighting for his life after apparently crashing into an empty parked car in Haggerston.
The 21-year-old suffered serious facial and neck injuries after the accident at 12.20am in the early hours of Saturday morning in Kingsland Road, just north of the junction with Pearson Street.
He remains in an east London hospital where his condition is "critical but stable", according to Scotland Yard.
His next of kin has been informed.
The serious collision investigation unit is investigating the circumstances leading up to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for any witnesses or passing motorists with dash-cam footage to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call Chadwell Heath traffic garage on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously via 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney