Kingsland Road crash appeal: Cyclist ‘critical’ after apparently hitting an empty parked car
- Credit: Google Street View
A cyclist is fighting for his life after apparently crashing into an empty parked car in Haggerston.
The 21-year-old suffered serious facial and neck injuries after the accident at 12.20am in the early hours of Saturday morning in Kingsland Road, just north of the junction with Pearson Street.
He remains in an east London hospital where his condition is "critical but stable", according to Scotland Yard.
His next of kin has been informed.
The serious collision investigation unit is investigating the circumstances leading up to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for any witnesses or passing motorists with dash-cam footage to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call Chadwell Heath traffic garage on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously via 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12