Kingsland Road gas explosion fire leaves man in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A gas explosion outside a block of homes in Kingsland Road caused a blaze that left one man in hospital.
Fire crews were called at 11.39am on Saturday to reports of a “fractured gas main” not far from St Leonard’s Hospital.
One man was treated by medics and taken to hospital and four others were evacuated from their homes as a precaution.
The fire was eventually brought under control by 5.45pm.
Witness Rashaad Subratie said the fire was huge and dozens of people stopped to watch on as firefighters tackled it.
You may also want to watch:
“There was lots of smoke and remnants of your typical gas smell too,” he told the Gazette.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers