Kingsland Road murder: Man, 26, stabbed after ‘row in bar spilled onto street’ following night out in Shoreditch
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
The man who was fatally stabbed to death in Kingsland Road may have been killed after a row in a bar spilled out onto the street, police say.
The victim, aged 26, was attacked between 6.13am and 6.30am on Saturday morning following a night out, and it is believed he had been in the Rolling Stock bar.
Police and medics were called to the scene, at the junction with Waterson Street, at 6.30am. The air ambulance was also sent.
The victim was taken to hospital in critical condition but died hours later.
Det Insp Rita Tierney, who is leading the investigation, is keen to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time.
You may also want to watch:
“One line of enquiry is that there may have been a dispute or altercation that has taken place inside the bar between the victim and two or more other men,” she said.
“As the bar closed, this dispute may have spilled out onto the streets with fatal consequences.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 6 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 7 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
“Were you at the Rolling Stock Bar early on Saturday morning? Perhaps you were passing by the area by car or walking home. Did you see anything suspicious?
“This area has a busy bar and nightlife scene and people would have been in and around the area.”
On Saturday the junction of Kingsland Road with Old Street was taped off, as well as further up the road at the junction with Waterson Street.
Later in the day forensic teams were searching the former Shoreditch Library further up the road still, which is now a block of flats.
The man’s next of kin have been informed but formal identification awaits.
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
The murder squad is investigating along with police in Hackney.
Police have upped their presence in the popular and busy area, and neighbourhood officers have been carrying out high visibility patrols to speak with locals about any concerns they have.
Anyone with information is requested to call police on 020 8345 3865 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.