Former striker Klinsmann hoping for a bright future at Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Jurgen Klinsmann is hoping the future is bright for his former club in their ‘amazing’ new stadium.
The 54-year-old, who had two spells with Spurs in 1994-95 and 1997-98, played in the Spurs Legends match against Inter Forever.
The former Germany and Bayern Munich manager played the first-half for Spurs before playing the second-half for one of his other former clubs Inter Milan.
But he is now hoping the opening of Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will help bring the Lilywhites faithful more success in the coming seasons.
“The stadium is amazing, simply amazing. I hope the fans will enjoy it as much as I did,” the former USA manager said.
“I hope the fans will enjoy a future full of excitement, and obviously trophies.
“Just walking into the stadium, you sense it’s something for the future, so I keep my fingers crossed.”
- 1 Jailed: Man chased teenager and stabbed him in back in Lower Clapton
- 2 Hackney girls school gets 'good' Ofsted after 'inadequate' rating
- 3 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 4 ‘Messy, blundering, inconsiderate’ - Hackney mayor slams police over Dalston op violence
- 5 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 6 'Time for change': Hackney Mayor on re-election plans
- 7 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 10 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
Tottenham have been playing their home matches at Wembley Stadium for the past two seasons but they will return home tomorrow evening when they take on Crystal Palace at the new ground.
“They will make it their home, they will make it their new place. It’s a very, very special stadium.
“For the players, it’s a temple. If you can play in a place like that, they will be thrilled. It’s all set for a bright future.”