Former striker Klinsmann hoping for a bright future at Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Jurgen Klinsmann is hoping the future is bright for his former club in their ‘amazing’ new stadium.
The 54-year-old, who had two spells with Spurs in 1994-95 and 1997-98, played in the Spurs Legends match against Inter Forever.
The former Germany and Bayern Munich manager played the first-half for Spurs before playing the second-half for one of his other former clubs Inter Milan.
But he is now hoping the opening of Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will help bring the Lilywhites faithful more success in the coming seasons.
“The stadium is amazing, simply amazing. I hope the fans will enjoy it as much as I did,” the former USA manager said.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope the fans will enjoy a future full of excitement, and obviously trophies.
“Just walking into the stadium, you sense it’s something for the future, so I keep my fingers crossed.”
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 10 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
Tottenham have been playing their home matches at Wembley Stadium for the past two seasons but they will return home tomorrow evening when they take on Crystal Palace at the new ground.
“They will make it their home, they will make it their new place. It’s a very, very special stadium.
“For the players, it’s a temple. If you can play in a place like that, they will be thrilled. It’s all set for a bright future.”