Kyle Walker hails Tottenham Hotspur supporters after departure to Manchester City
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
After months of speculation, the England international completed a switch to City on Friday
Kyle Walker completed his £50 million transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to Manchester City on Friday and the right-back sent a touching farewell message to supporters of the north London club afterwards.
The defender has been at White Hart Lane since joining the club in the summer of 2009 from Sheffield United.
Walker enjoyed a loan spell back at the Blades straight after signing for Spurs, before impressing at Queens Park Rangers and Aston Villa.
Following those periods away from N17, the right-back established himself in the Tottenham starting XI and has virtually been an ever-present since.
You may also want to watch:
The England international made 229 appearances for Spurs overall, scoring four goals, with the highlight a scorcher in a derby win over Arsenal.
Following months of speculation, Walker completed his switch to Manchester City, signing a five-year deal, on Friday afternoon.
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 4 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 5 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
After the big money move was announced by both clubs, the right-back posted a touching video on his social media page.
Walker said: “To the whole of Tottenham Hotspur FC I just want to say a big thank you for everything you have done and that comes from the bottom of my heart.
“I want to say a big thank you to the chairman (Daniel Levy) for believing in me for all these years and a big thank you to the staff and that’s from top to bottom for putting up with me for all these years.
“You have been fantastic and Allan Dixon (Tottenham player liaison officer) and Roberto deserve a special mention because they are the backbone of the club and not many people know them.
“Last but not least the fans. It’s been up, down, good and bad. You know I’ve dipped in form and come back up and to be fair to them they’ve stuck all by me.
“They believed in me and have shown me the praise that kept me pushing day-in, day-out. You know what, you’re the heartbeat of the club and you keep the club going.
“Hopefully you have many more successful years and I will see you soon I guess. Thank you.”