Land of Kings brings an alternative royal knees up to Dalston
DJs, musicians and artists will come together in Dalston for an alternative royal knees-up to Prince William and Kate’s nuptials, it was announced this week.
Annual two-day festival The Land of Kings will take place on April 28 and 29 this year, bringing a programme of performances to some of Dalston best-loved venues.
The Rio cinema, Arcola Theatre and The Nest nightclub will be among the spots for live shows from the likes of Brass Roots, Ghostpoet and Django Django.
Theatre experts at Stoke Newington International Airport will present a wedding-inspired cabaret - including Kate Middleton striptease by international burlesque star Agent Lynch - and a post-war bunker will host interactive games as “Prince William Hill”.
Festival co-founder Nick Griffiths said: “It’s no doubt going to be a party weekend as most people have four days off work. The festival’s a good place to celebrate locally - whether that’s celebrating the wedding itself or the free day off”.
You may also want to watch:
Early bird weekend tickets are on sale for �10. For more information or to book go to www.landofkings.co.uk,
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 8 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers