Land of Kings brings an alternative royal knees up to Dalston
DJs, musicians and artists will come together in Dalston for an alternative royal knees-up to Prince William and Kate’s nuptials, it was announced this week.
Annual two-day festival The Land of Kings will take place on April 28 and 29 this year, bringing a programme of performances to some of Dalston best-loved venues.
The Rio cinema, Arcola Theatre and The Nest nightclub will be among the spots for live shows from the likes of Brass Roots, Ghostpoet and Django Django.
Theatre experts at Stoke Newington International Airport will present a wedding-inspired cabaret - including Kate Middleton striptease by international burlesque star Agent Lynch - and a post-war bunker will host interactive games as “Prince William Hill”.
Festival co-founder Nick Griffiths said: “It’s no doubt going to be a party weekend as most people have four days off work. The festival’s a good place to celebrate locally - whether that’s celebrating the wedding itself or the free day off”.
You may also want to watch:
Early bird weekend tickets are on sale for �10. For more information or to book go to www.landofkings.co.uk,
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12