Late-night music at Homerton bar ‘disturbs neighbours and hospital patients’
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours of a Homerton bar are fighting its application to open until 2am, saying they already have to put up with booming music and drunk people loitering outside their homes.
Brooksby’s Walk Public Toilets, also known as The Convenience, has also been accused of disturbing patients at Homerton University Hospital – which it backs onto – with its late-night exploits.
Bosses want to extend its 11pm closing time until 12.30am, and 2am on Fridays and Saturdays. But neighbours in Brooksby’s Walk and Chatsworth Road say it will only add to their misery.
One person who lives opposite the venue said they could regularly hear the music inside the venue – and the punters singing.
Another said the bar often opened later than its licenced hours and had a reputation for “lock-ins”.
You may also want to watch:
And someone else said the venue, which backs onto Homerton University Hospital, had been known to keep hospital patients awake.
A decision on the licensing bid will be made by councillors at the town hall tomorrow.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill