Late-night music at Homerton bar ‘disturbs neighbours and hospital patients’
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours of a Homerton bar are fighting its application to open until 2am, saying they already have to put up with booming music and drunk people loitering outside their homes.
Brooksby’s Walk Public Toilets, also known as The Convenience, has also been accused of disturbing patients at Homerton University Hospital – which it backs onto – with its late-night exploits.
Bosses want to extend its 11pm closing time until 12.30am, and 2am on Fridays and Saturdays. But neighbours in Brooksby’s Walk and Chatsworth Road say it will only add to their misery.
One person who lives opposite the venue said they could regularly hear the music inside the venue – and the punters singing.
Another said the bar often opened later than its licenced hours and had a reputation for “lock-ins”.
You may also want to watch:
And someone else said the venue, which backs onto Homerton University Hospital, had been known to keep hospital patients awake.
A decision on the licensing bid will be made by councillors at the town hall tomorrow.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death