Late-night shopping event hopes to encourage Stoke Newington people to buy locally
- Credit: Archant
Independent traders in Stoke Newington are putting on a late-night Christmas shopping event next week in an effort to encourage people to go local.
A Christmas Night in Stokey, run by discount members’ group the Local Buyers Club alongside traders, will see businesses around Church Street stay open until 8pm on Thursday.
There will be choirs, Santa’s grotto, a fire engine for children to play in, live music and a raffle supporting local charities Crisis, the Winter Toy & Food Appeal, and Solace.
Basil Fansa, co-founder of the Local Buyers Club, said: “Forget big high street chains – here is a chance for an authentic London shopping experience at independent shops which are brimming with character and full of unique gifts, many of which have been made or designed by local artists.”
Among the traders taking part are Earlybird Cards, Beaucatcher, Hub, Location Location, Kitchen Provisions, Ooh Lou Lou, The Last Crumb, Metal Crumble, Ryans Bar, The Prince, Nook, The Design Store, Pictures and Light, The Twisted Fork, The Good Egg and Askew Eyewear.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit christmasinstokey.com.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds