Latest display of terrible driving in Stamford Hill sees car get stuck on bollard
- Credit: Archant
A driver gave hundreds of motorists the hump last night when they got their car stuck on a small bollard in Stamford Hill.
The road was blocked at the junction of Holmleigh Road after the gaffe, which is yet another example of terrible driving in the area.
Traffic was slowed to a snails pace until the car was removed.
Bad driving in the area is forever being highlighted and last month a lollipop lady told the Gazette she often feared for her life while walking out into the road.
Ros Littlejohn, who has worked outside Sir Thomas Abney school in nearby Bethune Road for 10 years, said: “I keep saying to parents: ‘One day you’re going to see me flattened on the road’.”
You may also want to watch:
The council is considering banning school-run traffic outside Sir Thomas Abney because it is so dangerous.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions