Latest display of terrible driving in Stamford Hill sees car get stuck on bollard
- Credit: Archant
A driver gave hundreds of motorists the hump last night when they got their car stuck on a small bollard in Stamford Hill.
The road was blocked at the junction of Holmleigh Road after the gaffe, which is yet another example of terrible driving in the area.
Traffic was slowed to a snails pace until the car was removed.
Bad driving in the area is forever being highlighted and last month a lollipop lady told the Gazette she often feared for her life while walking out into the road.
Ros Littlejohn, who has worked outside Sir Thomas Abney school in nearby Bethune Road for 10 years, said: “I keep saying to parents: ‘One day you’re going to see me flattened on the road’.”
You may also want to watch:
The council is considering banning school-run traffic outside Sir Thomas Abney because it is so dangerous.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs