Latest display of terrible driving in Stamford Hill sees car get stuck on bollard
- Credit: Archant
A driver gave hundreds of motorists the hump last night when they got their car stuck on a small bollard in Stamford Hill.
The road was blocked at the junction of Holmleigh Road after the gaffe, which is yet another example of terrible driving in the area.
Traffic was slowed to a snails pace until the car was removed.
Bad driving in the area is forever being highlighted and last month a lollipop lady told the Gazette she often feared for her life while walking out into the road.
Ros Littlejohn, who has worked outside Sir Thomas Abney school in nearby Bethune Road for 10 years, said: “I keep saying to parents: ‘One day you’re going to see me flattened on the road’.”
You may also want to watch:
The council is considering banning school-run traffic outside Sir Thomas Abney because it is so dangerous.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition