Lend street artist John Dolan your fingerprint for giant mural in Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
The public is being asked to help street artist John Dolan create a giant mural using only their fingerprints in Box Park Square, Bethnal Green Road, Shoreditch, today.
The finished portrait will reveal the face of Victor, a one-time classically trained pianist who now sleeps rough in Shoreditch High Street. The aim is to raise money for homeless charity Streetlink.
John was homeless himself for over 20 years before being discovered by gallery owner, Richard Howard Griffin, and he is now an established artist with sell-out exhibitions and pieces going for six-figure sums.
StreetLink is looking to complete the original work with around 2,700 fingerprints, symbolising the number of people who sleep on the streets of England each year.
Lend your fingerprint anytime between 7am and 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Harrison, Director of StreetLink, said: “We need to raise £100,000 to keep StreetLink going next year so it’s essential for people to realise how important the service is – contacting us takes just a few minutes and can mean the difference between life and death for someone sleeping rough. Help is literally at your fingertips.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 8 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing