Leona Lewis and Jermain Jackman surprise kids at The Crib’s Boroughs United talent show
- Credit: Ross Brind
Some 200 young people from all over London showed off their “unbelievable” singing and dancing at a talent show at the Hackney Empire, organised to break down postcode barriers.
Singing superstar Leona Lewis was a surprise special guest at the sell-out annual Boroughs United performance, which has been organised by The Crib youth club since 2001.
Judges included the mayor of Hackney Philip Glanville and The Voice winner Jermain Jackman.
Crib member Temi, 12, was successful in her application to secure a £3,500 Youth Opportunities Fund to put on the show.
Kelly Reid from The Crib told the Gazette: “The competition this year was unbelievable.
“If it had not been for the amazing dedication of The Crib youth forum over the last few months we could not have pulled it off.
“I am really grateful to them for making us and Hackney proud of the amazing positive things that we achieve in this borough.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 3 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 4 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 5 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 Fallen sergeant Matt Ratana honoured at Guards Chapel memorial service
- 10 Shoreditch Park Academy officially opens its doors