Leona Lewis and Jermain Jackman surprise kids at The Crib’s Boroughs United talent show
- Credit: Ross Brind
Some 200 young people from all over London showed off their “unbelievable” singing and dancing at a talent show at the Hackney Empire, organised to break down postcode barriers.
Singing superstar Leona Lewis was a surprise special guest at the sell-out annual Boroughs United performance, which has been organised by The Crib youth club since 2001.
Judges included the mayor of Hackney Philip Glanville and The Voice winner Jermain Jackman.
Crib member Temi, 12, was successful in her application to secure a £3,500 Youth Opportunities Fund to put on the show.
Kelly Reid from The Crib told the Gazette: “The competition this year was unbelievable.
You may also want to watch:
“If it had not been for the amazing dedication of The Crib youth forum over the last few months we could not have pulled it off.
“I am really grateful to them for making us and Hackney proud of the amazing positive things that we achieve in this borough.”
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools