Lessons on staying fit at winter time
- Credit: Archant
An eager crowd of over 55s were given advice on gardening and free mint herb plant pots at Hackney Homes’ Winter Warmer event.
Held at Hackney Town Hall’s Assembly Rooms in Mare Street, the popular annual event once again provided hundreds of residents with advice on staying fit, healthy and saving energy throughout the winter months.
Residents were treated to a short lesson on cake decorating and encouraged to have a go, by creating their own unique cupcake designs, and the wellbeing hub saw queues of residents keen to unwind with a professional hand, foot and shoulder massage.
A fun and games section with multiple raffles and rounds of bingo, added to the entertainment.
Cllr Philip Glanville, cabinet member for housing said: “Many older residents left having mingled with their neighbours, connected with new people and gained useful advice from Hackney Homes and the specialist energy and health organisations exhibiting on the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Giveaways and prizes included bags of fruit and veg, and scarves.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 9 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared