Lessons on staying fit at winter time
- Credit: Archant
An eager crowd of over 55s were given advice on gardening and free mint herb plant pots at Hackney Homes’ Winter Warmer event.
Held at Hackney Town Hall’s Assembly Rooms in Mare Street, the popular annual event once again provided hundreds of residents with advice on staying fit, healthy and saving energy throughout the winter months.
Residents were treated to a short lesson on cake decorating and encouraged to have a go, by creating their own unique cupcake designs, and the wellbeing hub saw queues of residents keen to unwind with a professional hand, foot and shoulder massage.
A fun and games section with multiple raffles and rounds of bingo, added to the entertainment.
Cllr Philip Glanville, cabinet member for housing said: “Many older residents left having mingled with their neighbours, connected with new people and gained useful advice from Hackney Homes and the specialist energy and health organisations exhibiting on the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Giveaways and prizes included bags of fruit and veg, and scarves.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 8 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors