Lessons on staying fit at winter time
- Credit: Archant
An eager crowd of over 55s were given advice on gardening and free mint herb plant pots at Hackney Homes’ Winter Warmer event.
Held at Hackney Town Hall’s Assembly Rooms in Mare Street, the popular annual event once again provided hundreds of residents with advice on staying fit, healthy and saving energy throughout the winter months.
Residents were treated to a short lesson on cake decorating and encouraged to have a go, by creating their own unique cupcake designs, and the wellbeing hub saw queues of residents keen to unwind with a professional hand, foot and shoulder massage.
A fun and games section with multiple raffles and rounds of bingo, added to the entertainment.
Cllr Philip Glanville, cabinet member for housing said: “Many older residents left having mingled with their neighbours, connected with new people and gained useful advice from Hackney Homes and the specialist energy and health organisations exhibiting on the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Giveaways and prizes included bags of fruit and veg, and scarves.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney