Let the battle commence as Hackney heads to polling day
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Gazette is holding online question time event
With six weeks left until polling day, the Gazette is launching its coverage of the general election – and we want you to get involved.
We will bring you in-depth analysis of all the key battlegrounds and the latest news from the campaign trail as you decide which candidates you want to represent you for the next five years.
And for the first time, we will invite candidates to a Gazette social media evening – giving readers the chance to grill them on the issues that matter to you.
Are you concerned about housing in Hackney? Or youth crime in the borough?
You may also want to watch:
Each candidate will be put in the hot seat for a live Q&A session, where they will be quizzed by you – the readers – over education issues, health care and everything else that is important to you.
Gazette community editor Aimee Brannen said: “Hackney is a vibrant borough politically and our news team is looking forward to reporting on the cut and thrust of election time in our two constituencies. Events like our social media evening and the various hustings we will cover aim to give residents the chance to contribute and really get to grips with the issues that matter to them.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
The social media for Hackney North and Stoke Newington will take place on Monday, April 20, and the event for Hackney South and Shoreditch will be on April 27.
Send your questions for the social media evening to email@example.com or keep reading our election coverage to find out how you can ask questions live on the night via Twitter and Facebook.
Find out more about the candidates on pages 16 to 17.