Let the battle commence as Hackney heads to polling day
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Gazette is holding online question time event
With six weeks left until polling day, the Gazette is launching its coverage of the general election – and we want you to get involved.
We will bring you in-depth analysis of all the key battlegrounds and the latest news from the campaign trail as you decide which candidates you want to represent you for the next five years.
And for the first time, we will invite candidates to a Gazette social media evening – giving readers the chance to grill them on the issues that matter to you.
Are you concerned about housing in Hackney? Or youth crime in the borough?
You may also want to watch:
Each candidate will be put in the hot seat for a live Q&A session, where they will be quizzed by you – the readers – over education issues, health care and everything else that is important to you.
Gazette community editor Aimee Brannen said: “Hackney is a vibrant borough politically and our news team is looking forward to reporting on the cut and thrust of election time in our two constituencies. Events like our social media evening and the various hustings we will cover aim to give residents the chance to contribute and really get to grips with the issues that matter to them.”
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 7 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 10 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
The social media for Hackney North and Stoke Newington will take place on Monday, April 20, and the event for Hackney South and Shoreditch will be on April 27.
Send your questions for the social media evening to email@example.com or keep reading our election coverage to find out how you can ask questions live on the night via Twitter and Facebook.
Find out more about the candidates on pages 16 to 17.