The future of a Shoreditch music venue will be decided next week. Hackney Council s licensing committee is scheduled to meet on Thursday (March 15) to review the licence of The Plaza in Kingsland Road...
The future of a Shoreditch music venue will be decided next week.
Hackney Council's licensing committee is scheduled to meet on Thursday (March 15) to review the licence of The Plaza in Kingsland Road.
Hackney police have called for the review amid increasing concern over anti-social behaviour.
The licensing committee have the power to revoke the pub's licence, cut back on its opening hours, or impose certain conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Police also want a review of the licence of the Jam Bar in Shoreditch High Street, where a clubber was shot dead in November last year.
Arian Arthur, 22, was killed while celebrating at a private party in the packed basement of the Jam Bar on Saturday, November 18.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 7 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 8 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
A date for the Jam Bar's licensing meeting is yet to be set.
Privately, some club owners are concerned that the vibrant nightlife around the Shoreditch triangle is under threat.
However, a Hackney police spokeswoman said: "Licensees need to take responsibility for the safety of their patrons and ensure that their premises are run in accordance with the licensing objectives.
"The police, together with the council and responsible licensees, are committed to creating a safe environment for people to enjoy an evening out in Hackney.