The future of a Shoreditch music venue will be decided next week. Hackney Council s licensing committee is scheduled to meet on Thursday (March 15) to review the licence of The Plaza in Kingsland Road...
The future of a Shoreditch music venue will be decided next week.
Hackney Council's licensing committee is scheduled to meet on Thursday (March 15) to review the licence of The Plaza in Kingsland Road.
Hackney police have called for the review amid increasing concern over anti-social behaviour.
The licensing committee have the power to revoke the pub's licence, cut back on its opening hours, or impose certain conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Police also want a review of the licence of the Jam Bar in Shoreditch High Street, where a clubber was shot dead in November last year.
Arian Arthur, 22, was killed while celebrating at a private party in the packed basement of the Jam Bar on Saturday, November 18.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
A date for the Jam Bar's licensing meeting is yet to be set.
Privately, some club owners are concerned that the vibrant nightlife around the Shoreditch triangle is under threat.
However, a Hackney police spokeswoman said: "Licensees need to take responsibility for the safety of their patrons and ensure that their premises are run in accordance with the licensing objectives.
"The police, together with the council and responsible licensees, are committed to creating a safe environment for people to enjoy an evening out in Hackney.