The future of a Shoreditch music venue will be decided next week. Hackney Council s licensing committee is scheduled to meet on Thursday (March 15) to review the licence of The Plaza in Kingsland Road...
The future of a Shoreditch music venue will be decided next week.
Hackney Council's licensing committee is scheduled to meet on Thursday (March 15) to review the licence of The Plaza in Kingsland Road.
Hackney police have called for the review amid increasing concern over anti-social behaviour.
The licensing committee have the power to revoke the pub's licence, cut back on its opening hours, or impose certain conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Police also want a review of the licence of the Jam Bar in Shoreditch High Street, where a clubber was shot dead in November last year.
Arian Arthur, 22, was killed while celebrating at a private party in the packed basement of the Jam Bar on Saturday, November 18.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 8 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 9 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 10 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
A date for the Jam Bar's licensing meeting is yet to be set.
Privately, some club owners are concerned that the vibrant nightlife around the Shoreditch triangle is under threat.
However, a Hackney police spokeswoman said: "Licensees need to take responsibility for the safety of their patrons and ensure that their premises are run in accordance with the licensing objectives.
"The police, together with the council and responsible licensees, are committed to creating a safe environment for people to enjoy an evening out in Hackney.