‘Licensing climate’ forces Dalston club Dance Tunnel to close
- Credit: Archant
Dalston club Dance Tunnel has announced it will close its doors in August, citing Hackney’s “licensing climate”.
Owner Dan Beaumont posted on the Kingsland High street venue’s Facebook page this morning to break the news.
He wrote: “We regret to announce that Dance Tunnel is to close it’s doors in August.
“Sadly the licensing climate in Hackney has made it impossible for us to get the hours we need to make Dance Tunnel sustainable in the long term.
“We would like to sincerely apologise to all the Tunnel Dancers who we are letting down. We really tried to make it work. Thanks to all the artists, DJs, promoters and family members who have shared their favourite music and moments with us over the last three-and-a-bit years.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to everyone who has made our basement such a special place. Sorry we never got round to fixing that slope on the dance floor.
Dance Tunnel events usually end at 3am, but it has used Temporary Events Notices to push the curfew until 5am on some occasions.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers