Moura reveals faith in Tottenham squad ahead of Liverpool trip
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Brazil international is in his first full season with north Londoners
Lucas Moura insists he has full faith in the Tottenham Hotspur team ahead of Sunday’s trip to Premier League leaders Liverpool.
Ahead of their visit to Merseyside, Spurs have been in patchy form in the league having taken just seven points from their last six matches.
With the Reds currently leading the way in the standings, it looks a tall order for the north Londoners to add to that tally this weekend.
Anfield has also not been a happy hunting ground for Tottenham in recent seasons, having not won on each of their last eight visits to the stadium.
You may also want to watch:
It all points to a difficult Sunday for Mauricio Pochettino’s men, who now face a real fight to finish in the Champions League places this term.
But winger Moura insists there are still a host of reasons for Spurs to be optimistic and is confident the team can have a strong end to the season.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
The Brazil international told the club website: “We are still third in the Premier League. We’ve been up there all season and there are a lot of teams who can challenge for the top four, but we are there.
“We are also in the quarter-finals of the Champions League. We have to believe.”
The trip to Liverpool marks the start of an important set of matches for Tottenham, with the north Londoners welcoming Crystal Palace for the first Premier League game at their new home on Wednesday.
Spurs then host Manchester City in the quarter-finals of the Champions League the following Tuesday and Moura is excited about the next run of fixtures.
“For me, this is a moment to enjoy and to prepare well because we have big, big games on the way and we need to be ready,” added the 26-year-old.
“The most important thing for us is to be in the top four and to qualify for the Champions League again. We have the quality to do this.”
It looks set to be an important time for all at Tottenham with the end of the term fast approaching.
And Moura will hope his faith in the squad is not misplaced as Spurs look to finish in the top four for a fourth successive season.