Local author encourages promising Stoke Newington writers to enter competition
- Credit: Aleta Thompson
An award-winning author is searching Stoke Newington for promising writers championing diverse characters and underrepresented voices.
Stoke Newington resident and author Abiola Bello is supporting The Page Tuner Awards initiative to help new authors get discovered and have their stories published and read by a wider audience.
She encourages writers to enter the competition for a chance to get their work published, publicised and even secure film rights for a book or manuscript.
Abiola said: “I really love stories that have diverse characters. I like to read anything, but I do love young adult books. Looking forward to reading some great submissions!”’
The author is known for writing children’s and young adult stories and will be judging the eBook Award for published fiction and non-fiction.
You may also want to watch:
Abiola’s book series Emily Knight is Carnegie nominated and was awarded London’s Big Read in 2019. The series received rave reviews for its diverse characters and strong, black female protagonist.
The Page Turner Awards are sponsored by online platform ProWritingAid.
To find out how you too can enter your manuscript or book into The Page Turner Awards click here
- 1 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 2 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 3 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 6 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze
- 9 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 10 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
Submissions are open until 30 April 2020.