Council asks residents to return unwanted community equipment to help hospitals cope
- Credit: Ken Mears
Hackney council is asking residents to return unwanted community equipment so it can be used to support people being discharged from hospital.
Hackney council is asking residents to return unwanted community equipment so it can be used to support people being discharged from hospital - ensuring beds are available for new patients during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Equipment no longer needed, like hospital beds, mattresses, hoists, bath lifts and adapted chairs, can be returned to the council for reuse to address increasing demand arising as a result of the coronavirus crisis.
The council said: “Hackney residents who may have equipment in their homes that is no longer needed or wanted are able to return their items for reuse, allowing them to benefit someone else in the local community.“
So far, there have been 345 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Hackney and City of London and Homerton hospital has undergone a dramatic overhaul to deal with patients suspected of, or who have tested positive for coronavirus.
You may also want to watch:
If you have community equipment which is no longer needed or wanted contact Millbrook Healthcare Hackney Collections on 0333 241 2510
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
For further information and advice, please contact Hackney’s Occupational
Therapy Team on 020 8356 5621
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations like this in Hackney providing support during the Coronavirus lockdown visit our There With You Essential List.