Residents will get the chance to Grill Phil at Mayor Question time
- Credit: polly hancock
Hackney residents are invited to ask Hackney's mayor Philip Glanville questions about important issues at a free public debate next week.
The third Hackney Mayor's Question Time will take place on May 26, after a hiatus last year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The livestreamed debate will give residents the chance to quiz the mayor and tell him what the council should focus on as it emerges from the pandemic.
It will be hosted by former HuffPost UK Head of News and Hackney Gazette editor Ramzy Alwakeel.
Mayor Glanville said: “Whether it’s tackling the climate emergency, ensuring a fair economic recovery or how we can support our communities that need our help most, I’m looking forward to some robust and challenging questions."
The discussion will take place online from 6-8pm on May 26 using Zoom Webinars.
For a chance to #GrillPhil visit zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_A_SKVM1iQZuVLMv4pYK3xA
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 3 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 8 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 9 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 10 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured