Residents will get the chance to Grill Phil at Mayor Question time
- Credit: polly hancock
Hackney residents are invited to ask Hackney's mayor Philip Glanville questions about important issues at a free public debate next week.
The third Hackney Mayor's Question Time will take place on May 26, after a hiatus last year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The livestreamed debate will give residents the chance to quiz the mayor and tell him what the council should focus on as it emerges from the pandemic.
It will be hosted by former HuffPost UK Head of News and Hackney Gazette editor Ramzy Alwakeel.
Mayor Glanville said: “Whether it’s tackling the climate emergency, ensuring a fair economic recovery or how we can support our communities that need our help most, I’m looking forward to some robust and challenging questions."
The discussion will take place online from 6-8pm on May 26 using Zoom Webinars.
For a chance to #GrillPhil visit zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_A_SKVM1iQZuVLMv4pYK3xA
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 4 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers