Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott brands lockdown easing ‘muddled’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott has branded the government’s lockdown easing plan “clearly muddled”.
On May 10, Prime Minister Boris Johnson laid out a staged plan for lifting lockdown restrictions, starting with no limits on outside exercise.
It has also published a document called Our Plan to Rebuild setting out the plan in detail.
However, the government has come under fire for lack of clarity over the instructions - what is allowed and what is not allowed.
Ms Abbott said:“Government advice on partly ending the lockdown is clearly muddled.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no logic in saying cleaners can come to your home, but not your parents. Or encouraging people back to work but asking them not to use public transport, when that is the only option for millions of people.
“And it is ordinary people who are being blamed when buses or tubes are overcrowded. Ministers want to evade responsibility for the consequences of their own policies.”
For the latest coronavirus news from across north London join our Facebook group here. Click here for our directory of support groups for people in Hackney.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12