Days left to register to vote in May elections
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Residents are being urged to register to vote for upcoming local and regional elections, with just under a week left to ensure they can have their say.
Residents must be on the electoral register to vote on May 6, in the Mayor of London and London Assembly elections as well as council by-elections in Stamford Hill West, Kings Park, Hoxton East and Shoreditch and Woodberry Down wards.
Tim Shields, Chief Executive of Hackney Council and Electoral Registration Officer, said: “Time is running out to ensure you can have your say on who your local representatives are next month.
“It’s quick and easy to register to vote, and with just one week to go, take five minutes to do it today."
The deadline to apply to register to vote is midnight on April 19, to register for a postal vote is 5pm on April 20, and for a proxy vote the deadline is 5pm on April 27.
You may also want to watch:
Residents are encouraged to vote by post this year to avoid increased waiting times at polling stations.
Register at gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- 1 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 2 Boat party organiser pleads guilty to breaking Covid rules during lockdown
- 3 All Points East: Meet east London artist Olivia Dean
- 4 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 5 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 6 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 8 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 9 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 10 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in