Days left to register to vote in May elections
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Residents are being urged to register to vote for upcoming local and regional elections, with just under a week left to ensure they can have their say.
Residents must be on the electoral register to vote on May 6, in the Mayor of London and London Assembly elections as well as council by-elections in Stamford Hill West, Kings Park, Hoxton East and Shoreditch and Woodberry Down wards.
Tim Shields, Chief Executive of Hackney Council and Electoral Registration Officer, said: “Time is running out to ensure you can have your say on who your local representatives are next month.
“It’s quick and easy to register to vote, and with just one week to go, take five minutes to do it today."
The deadline to apply to register to vote is midnight on April 19, to register for a postal vote is 5pm on April 20, and for a proxy vote the deadline is 5pm on April 27.
You may also want to watch:
Residents are encouraged to vote by post this year to avoid increased waiting times at polling stations.
Register at gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney