Hackney South and Shoreditch election results in full
- Credit: Archant
Meg Hillier has held Hackney South and Shoreditch with a sensational 43,974 votes – 79 per cent of the votes cast and up from 30,633 in 2015.
She was trailed by Luke Parker from the Conservatives with 6,043 – 11pc.
Next was Dave Raval from the Liberal Democrats on 3,168 (6pc).
Rebecca Johnson from the Greens got 1,522 (3pc).
Vanessa Hudson from the Animal Welfare Party finished on 226 (0pc).
You may also want to watch:
Independent Russell Higgs polled 143 (0pc).
Angel Watt of the Christian People’s Party won 113 votes (0pc).
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
Jonty Leff from the Workers’ Revolutionary Party got 85 (0pc).
Hugo Sugg (Independent) won 50 votes (0pc).
Dale Kalamazad (Independent) got 29 (0pc).