Voters in south Hackney head to polls for Victoria ward by-election
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Voters in the south of Hackney are heading to the polls this morning for the Victoria ward by-election.
Voting is taking place following the resignation of councillor Alex Kuye due to ill health. Alex, who had served as a member of the London Young Labour BAME Network, had only been in the job for six months after being elected alongside Cllr Katie Hanson and Cllr Clare Joseph in May.
Candidates on the ballot today are:
• Harini Iyengar (Women’s Equality)
• Philippa Ruth (Lib Dem)
You may also want to watch:
• Wendy Robinson (Green)
• Christopher Sills (Conservative)
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 3 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 4 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 5 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 8 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 9 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
• Penelope Wrout (Labour)
Voting closes at 10pm tonight. To find out where your nearest polling station is, click here.